Last Updated on February 19, 2024 by Kari Garner, MS RDN LD CDCES
Today, we are going back to the basics to learn about virtual/ online nutrition counseling services. Learn what to expect from working with a Diabetes Dietitian online and take a deeper dive into the nutrition counseling approach at Springtime Nutrition.
Welcome to Springtime Nutrition, a diabetes education practice promoting growth and change to meet personalized wellness goals! I’m Kari, the Registered Dietitian & Diabetes Educator, looking forward to supporting you on your journey toward a healthier lifestyle.
The days of scheduling appointments months in advance, spending hours in medical offices and even leaving home are long gone with virtual nutrition counseling services. Whether you are interested in managing a new diabetes diagnosis (any kind of diabetes!) or overcoming lifestyle struggles necessitated by a medical condition, online nutrition counseling is for you!
What is virtual/online nutrition counseling?
Virtual nutrition counseling is a convenient approach for you to meet with a nutrition professional from the comfort of your own space. As the nutrition field continues to adapt with technology advancements and patient preferences, Registered Dietitians are now able to offer telehealth services to their clients.
How to Spend Less when choosing a Diabetes Dietitian online!
- Many diabetes-specialized registered dietitians are able to use your preventive care benefits with your insurance to pay for your sessions. Sessions can be the cost of a copay, or even $0!
- Use your HSA account to pay for sessions! Many HSA plans will cover diabetes education, supplements and online sessions.
- Try a 1- time Education session! If you are newly diagnosed with diabetes and a self-starter, this option may be great for you! Try an Education Session. It is 1:1, low-cost and jam packed with all the info you need.
- Short on time? Get dietary feedback with a Diet Discovery! An even lower cost option- just complete a health questionnaire with your history and goals. Send me your diet logs and I will review and give you feedback, suggestions and education.
- Look for low-cost or free diet information from trusted resources, like ADA, other Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists or Registered Dietitian with diabetes experience. Try The 25/75 Method for easy meal planning for diabetes.
How does nutrition counseling work at Springtime Nutrition?
Many nutrition practitioners use a patient-led approach. I meet clients where they are at in their journey to create a personalized plan. You will work together 1:1 either by phone or online/video chat to create actionable goals to transform into permanent results. I have seen incredible changes in patients’ lifestyles and health through this approach.
An education session is a stand-along virtual appointment that is 45min-60min focused on a single nutrition-related topic. These sessions are recommended for individuals with a new diagnosis (or any diagnosis you feel you don’t fully understand).
An Education session will empower you to take charge of your health, arm you with nutrition information and encourage you to set basic goals. These sessions are not meant for individuals looking for accountability or long-term lifestyle changes. Education sessions can be conducted by phone or online/video chat. Book Now.
Unable to schedule a face to face appointment with a Dietitian or Diabetes Educator? Anxious about whether or not you are choosing the right foods?
The Diet Discovery is a lower cost option for you to get dietary feedback. Just complete a health questionnaire with your history and goals. Send me your diet logs and I will review and give you feedback, suggestions and tips. Learn more here!
The 25/75 Method
Need a guide to explain the diabetes diet and meal planning? This one is for you!
This e-book (printed or digital) will change your outlook when it comes to food, food groups and eliminate the confusion in planning meals to decrease your blood sugars. Check it out!
Springtime Nutrition, LLC was founded on my passion to partner with individuals to eliminate the stress, frustration and overwhelm of changing their nutrition lifestyle. I am committed to supporting you at every step of your journey. Ready to transform your life? Get started today!
Kari is a diabetes expert with more than 18 years of experience. Kari currently works as a diabetes educator with a large hospital system in Charleston, SC and is committed to improving the lives of people with any type of diabetes.